The coding continues! I think rather than explain what I’ve done in any great detail, I’ll post updates to this list over the next several days:
- Battle_Unit base class implemented
- Basic functions for movement on the map implemented and working
- Basic attacking and defending *should* work, but we’ll see.
- Put in graphical HP bars.
- Take user input to initiate attacks.
- Define “death” functionality to remove units.
- Define “active” unit, allow only it to act.
- Implement turns, ending of turn, starting new turn, etc.
- Implement turn order based on initiative of characters.
Once I get all that stuff in, I’ll have a working battle. I’ve planned out most of it, but in as much detail as I should have in some cases. I’m not sure the implementation I have in mind for determining and displaying turn order is going to work the way I had hoped, but we’ll see.