This page will be periodically updated with the early version of “patch notes”. I’ll be keeping a log of what has been added to the game and what I’m going to be working on going forward. Comments welcome!
Latest Update 4/24/14:
In the Game:
-Battle messages text window is in.
-Status Screen is in, beginning work on perks and skill points done.
– Battles can be played and won. Experience and loot are awarded at the end of a battle.
– There are 4 different usable skills (Basic Attack, Fireball, Absorb, Vampire Bite) in the game and working correctly. There is also a template to add all sorts of single target skills to the game without too much problem.
– Effects are in and working. Currently units can be burned or weakened with or without a duration. It will be relatively easy to add other stat based effects.
– Triggers are in, battles can be started by entering a triggered tile.
– Chests are in and working and add things to the player’s inventory.
– Targeting works reasonably well for single targets.
– Some menus in, including a character status window, a spellcast window, a skillbar and some stat windows.
– Improve the interface across the board. Make the player aware of everything going on. (Partially dealt with for now)
– Work out a targeting system for multiple targets.
– Work out a good method to target tiles as opposed to Units.
– Create experience systems such that spells gain levels as planned (followed by the ability to distribute skill points).
– As inspiration strikes and time permits, I’ll be adding new skills to the game.